Wednesday, June 14, 2006

My Big Fat Greek Face

Hey, and I'm not even Greek. Did you see my big ol' mug plastered on the front page of today's Orlando Sentinel (front page of Section E, that is)? And right under me it says "GOOD LIVING, cooking & eating."

Yowza! SAK got a great write up in the paper today thanks to Elizabeth Maupin. I just love how she has such a passionate heart for the Arts here in Central Florida. Anyway, if I'd thought the floodgates had opened after I sent e-mails to our ensemble and theater staff members and one to our patrons... I ain't seen nothin' yet. IT'S GREAT!!!! The word is getting out! My phone has been off the hook with calls already - Hey, how'd they get my number? And the e-mails of support have been pouring in. Oh, if you want to see the story you can find it online. See the SAK story in the Orlando Sentinel. And I'm going on vacation in 2 days. This is another God test, I just know it. I can't and don't intend to cut the vacation short. My kids have been a little daddy deprived over the last couple of months and my wife has been hubby deprived. I'm going to have a great reconnect with my family. I don't like not striking while the iron is hot, but it'll just have to stay warm a couple of weeks. With the responses that have already come in my "Hope Level" has increased several degrees already this morning. AND I get to talk to people I haven't talked to in months and years. How Joyful!!!

More rain - residual from Alberto? is just beginning to fall - reminding my hopeful heart that we're just beginning hurricane season so there's plenty to still be anxious about. Go away, little voice.

Dave

0 comments:

Search